9/26/2011

Reaction to Fisher

The content of this article is very interesting for me. I could  comprehend clearly what perception is. Those examples of perception are helpful and useful.
In the last NP class, we saw a picture which is a face of a man but seemed like just ink spots on the paper. At that time, I could not understand it was a man to the very end. However, after I knew it was a man, I could not see it was the picture of ink spots. According to Fisher, "We tend to believe" and "We tend to take into consideration only certain parts of the person or object we are perceiving", so this experience was exactly "The perception."
We perceive so many things without notice. We tend to believe what we see and hear directly and also try to put our experience to the incidents. However, sometimes it is not true like the examples of Fisher. I think there is no objectivity in our world because we have already seen everything through our mind. It is difficult, but I'll try to notice my perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment