11/14/2011

Reaction to Diamond

Nowadays, there are so many types of classification which decide our race. We have tried to find out the best way of classification. However, Diamond insists that it is impossible to categorize  ourselves in one way because we are changing all the time. People make races by our physical differences, but the traits can be changed in many ways influenced by environment. The classification of humans is more difficult than that of animals.
After I read 3 articles about race, the word, "race" reminds me of our difference and perception or stereotyping. I am Japanese, but I realized that I don't know my "race" exactly. It is not good way to think ourselves by just the aspect race because as Shreeve said, it is impossible. However this word gave me an opportunity to start thinking myself.
Honestly, I cannot make his opinion clear because he seems to just deny previous ideas of race, so I want to know more and share my idea about race with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment